01 Sep How low-code development and iPaaS supercharge your extended workforce program
The tools available to develop business applications and integrate technology systems have matured dramatically over the past 20 years. New features or system integrations that used to take solution providers weeks or months to develop can now be done in just hours or days with modern low-code and integration-platform-as-a-service (IPaaS) solutions. The adoption of these tools to deliver new value faster has improved the competitive edge of many businesses and accelerated their digital transformation.
Recognizing that vendor management system (VMS) solutions must adapt and leverage the power of modern technology, Flextrack re-architected a VMS solution of 15 years to usher in a new era of digital transformation to supercharge your extended workforce program. What follows are brief descriptions of these pivotal tools and their benefits:
Low Code Development
Low-code is a software development approach that helps technical and business professionals deliver digital solutions faster by minimizing the amount of coding required for a specific application. Low-code development largely replaces the need to create custom code with a collection of ready-to-go user interface (UI) components, boilerplate scripts and integrations, solution blueprints, visual workflow automation tools and other user-friendly features. These tools make it easier than ever to create custom, flexible applications that complete specific tasks and achieve desired outcomes in most business situations. The advantages of low-code tools include:
1- Faster transformation
- Low-code development removes complexity and time from building powerful business applications and makes it easier to automate any business process.
2- Better customer experience
- Information technology (IT) teams are not the only beneficiaries of low-code development. Customers and end users are the biggest winners due to the speed and agility with which organizations can adapt to market shifts or changing customer needs.
3- Change easily
- Low-code development makes it extremely easy to enhance applications by adapting them to meet evolving business requirements. Without requiring complex coding, low-code development facilitates almost instant change when an organization and its customers need it.
4- Decreased costs
- Everyone in an organization, including the IT staff, can become more productive thanks to the ability to build more apps in less time while decreasing development costs.
5- Higher productivity
- Since low-code development allows more applications or features to be built in less time, what once took months now takes only days or even minutes. With low-code development, time is no longer a barrier to innovation. This creates an environment that encourages even more innovation.
6- Effective risk management and governance
- Low-code development allows for fast change, so you can meet regulatory requirements and stay ahead of deadlines in an environment of ever-changing regulations and global scale.
An iPaaS is a platform that enables and governs integration between data and applications, making it easier to automate business processes, share data across the application, maintain compliance and beyond. The advantages of iPaaS include:
1- Increased productivity:
- The most important benefit of iPaaS is that it helps seamlessly connect different applications and synchronizes data. Your teams don’t need to constantly switch between systems to find the information they need. Instead, all data can be accessed from a centralized location.
- An iPaaS removes the need to generate code for customized integrations, reducing the need for costly developments. iPaaS also provides automatic updates, which eliminate the need for manual upgrades and integration maintenance costs.
- An iPaaS solution offers scalability, which means your business can expand without having to worry about setting up more custom in-house integrations. It allows your business to grow and meet demands.
4- Process agility:
- A good iPaaS solution offers a number of pre-built integrations called connectors that help you accelerate integration projects and make integration easy for the teams involved. You don’t need a lengthy planning process and a huge project team to implement, it’s more like “drag, drop, and go.”
5- Improved decision-making:
- The integration of disparate applications can provide an organization with a 360-degree view of the data being managed at their fingertips (for example, your entire non-employee workforce). This results in providing data to the decision makers so they can quickly react to business needs, drive better business outcomes and accelerate the delivery of new solutions to adapt to market changes or customer needs.
Supercharging your extended workforce program is the key to success in the current markets for talent. Organizations that leverage modern tools such as low-code development and iPaaS solutions can deliver new value at breakneck speed while maintaining superior service levels. Low-code development and IPaaS offer the following key components of success for modern-day extended workforce programs:
1- Agility in Dynamic Markets
- Evolving customer needs and dynamic markets for talent require the agility to adapt as business conditions change rapidly.
2- An Ecosystem of Talent Technologies
- The number of technologies organizations can use to access talent continues to grow. The ability to quickly connect different talent-related applications into your enterprise processes helps you achieve your talent-related business objectives.
3- A Drive for Constant Innovation
- Deploying the tools that allow for quick development and easy integration promotes a culture of innovation.
Flextrack recognizes that VMS solutions must adapt and seize the power of modern technology. That’s why we’ve re-architected a 15-year VMS solution to future-proof your extended workforce program.
Want to learn more about Flextrack’s extended workforce platform? Contact us.
Follow Flextrack on LinkedIn for content such as reports, white papers, exciting industry events, new trends and more insightful blogs.
Mark has over 25 years of experience in the workforce solutions industry. Mark has been responsible for implementing, operating, and transforming contingent workforce solutions for hundreds of organizations worldwide. Mark has also led technology teams that built and managed VMS solutions and other technology solutions to digitize and transform extended workforce solutions